Starved Rock Cycling association takes pride in supporting cycling in the community:
- SRCA provided 1/3 funding to the City of Ottawa for bike lanes.
- SRCA has purchased signage for posting on the roadways for the 3 foot minimum passing of bicyclist (state Illinois law for motorists) to the Village of Naplate and The City of Marseilles and the City of Ottawa
- Providing I-80 Ambucs with donations for the continuation of their mobility and independence for people with disabilities to purchase specialized bicycles.
- SRCA members provide education and demonstrations for events and schools to educate the youth and adults in bicycle safety, helmet wearing, and provide education handouts.
- SRCA provides funds and staff to hold a Bike Fun Street Smart summer course, in conjunction with the Ottawa Parks and Recs, for children entering 4th thru 8th grades.
- Provided funding to Friendship House for purchase of trikes for their Bicycle program with residents.
We also will take into consideration any bicycle related projects that are presented to us. All we ask is that you fill out the “Request for Funding”. We are open to all ideas.
You can also Email us at: